- Before listing a home, first-time sellers must know the value of the property.
- Sellers must make wise decisions about staging and repairs.
- All factors are considered when evaluating offers, and not just the price.
These are the three most frequently asked questions by first-time sellers.
You might feel overwhelmed by all the questions that you will be asked when you sell your house. Is the doorbell working? Is the exterior color suitable for today’s market. What am I getting for my home? These are the most frequently asked questions by sellers and the best strategies to use when you sell your house.
Question 1: How can I determine the value of my home?
A home is only worth the price it will fetch. There are three things that can be attributed to any property currently on the market.
- The seller’s opinion of its value.
- The buyer will assume that it is worth what it is.
- It’s worth according to a professional appraiser.
It is crucial to quickly get those three numbers in line when you are selling your house. To determine the selling price of a property, most real estate agents will perform a comparative market analysis. You will be looking at things like square footage, construction quality and condition, as well as design and floor plans.
Question 2: What can I do to get my house ready for sale?
Nearly all home-buying contracts contain an inspection clause. This clause is a buyer contingency which allows buyers to cancel the deal if they find numerous defects or negotiate their repair.
Don’t spend too much on pre-sale upgrades if there are few houses on the market and many buyers willing to pay nearly any price. However, such investments are the best way to sell your house in a market that favors buyers.
These are some tips and highlights for staging your home that homeowners should include on their list before you start to negotiate.
- You will see the best return on your investment if your roof is in good condition.
- Before buyers find you, fix any maintenance problems such as leaks or plumbing issues, drafts, rusty places, squeaky floor boards, mold, and other issues.
- A fresh coat of paint can transform rooms!
- It is easy to upgrade light bulbs and polish lighting fixtures, and make your home look brighter and more modern.
- A home that is less cluttered will appear larger, so take out any extra furniture or objects to make your home feel bigger.
Question 3: How can I choose the best offer for my home?
Although it can be hard to believe that a bid is being placed at a higher price than the asking price, it is best to breathe deeply and take in the whole picture. Buyers often include contingencies such as inspection, financing and appraisal in their offers. Sellers will be happier with fewer contingencies.
To eliminate contingencies, you can make an all-cash offer. Cash offers are a common option for home sales. This is based on market conditions.
What is your next step once your home has sold? Your closing date can have an impact on the offer you choose. Perhaps you are in a rush to move into your new home, or you need more time to pack. There are many factors to consider and every seller has different needs.
This post was written by Josh Dotoli! Josh is the owner of Josh Dotoli Group which is a laser-focused real estate team at Compass comprised of industry experts selling Fort Lauderdale’s best neighborhoods. This dynamic group is one of the top-selling real estate teams in South Florida with over $94 million in sales in the past 12 months alone. Looking for homes for sale in Rio vista Fort Lauderdale we are the real estate team for you!